1 Cup Rolled, old fashioned oatmeal
3 T Sesame seeds
1/4 Cup Coconut oil
1 10oz Package of Mini marshmallows
1/2 Cup Natural peanut butter
2 1/2 Cups Brown Rice Krispies
1/2 Cup Unsalted peanuts
1/2 Cup Raisins
1/2 Cup Dried cranberries
1/2 Cup Dried apricots, chopped
1/2 Cup Sunflower seeds
1. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees and spray an 8×8 inch pan with cooking spray.
2. Roast the oatmeal and the sesame seeds, on separate pans, for 5 mins. They will just be very lightly browned.
3. In a large, microwave-safe bowl, melt the coconut oil, marshmallows and peanut butter. I microwaved mine on half power for 1 minute, stirred and then did another 30 seconds. You don’t want to burn the marshmallows, so make sure to use only half power.
4. In a separate large bowl, mix together the Rice Krispies, peanuts, raisins, cranberries, apricots, sunflower seeds and toasted oatmeal.
5. Pour the dry ingredients into the marshmallow mix and stir WELL until everything is well combined.
6. Sprinkle half of the toasted sesame seeds evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Then, pour in the Rice Krispie mixture and press down HARD, until even. Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds and gently press to adhere to the bars.
7. Let set and then slice into bars.
You can change the mix ins to whatever you want, as long as you keep the ratios the same!
Recipe adapted from a long time family friend, Robin, who used to make these bars for us as a child growing up!