1. Putt-Putt and golf
Golf is a great way to get your exercise in without having to think too much about it. You’ll be having so much fun that you’ll hardly even notice how many steps you’re getting in. Here are some of the best places in Atlanta for putt-putt and golf:
- Puttshack If you love mini golf, good times with friends, and great food – then this is the place to visit. Puttshack has made gameplay super easy because your golf ball will actually track your progress through the course for you. The game includes a fun variety of bonus points, hazard traps, supertubes, and more. You can play with up to 12 people and book online, so it’s also a great place for parties or events.
- Top Golf Top Golf is a tried-and-true favorite by many. Whether you’re an expert golfer or a newbie with zero experience, you’ll have so much fun here. You and your party will have your own climate-controlled bay where you can create your game (you can choose from over a dozen of them) and get swinging. To make your game even easier, the golf balls track your progress for you. While you wait for your turn, you can order yummy food and drinks as well.
- Skyline Park Skyline Park definitely has a lot to do including amusement park rides, games, mini-golf, great food, a three-story slide, and more. You can visit for the day with a group of friends or rent out the entire space for an event, birthday party, or even a wedding.
2. Climb a wall
Bouldering is essentially rock climbing without a rope or harness. But don’t worry, there’s a thick, squishy pad just in case you fall (and the walls aren’t too high).
- The Overlook Open 7 days a week, The Overlook is a bouldering gym whose mission statement is, “The Overlook was founded on three principles: Climbing, Community, and Connection.”. The Overlook has different levels of difficulty so you can have fun whether you’re an expert climber or a beginner. Additionally, they offer programs and classes for those looking to learn more in-depth about climbing.
- Stone Summit Atlanta This is another bouldering facility that also offers a full workout gym, fun climbing features like animals, fitness classes, various levels of climbing difficulty, and more. You and your friends can also do a virtual online tour prior to going in person if you prefer.
- Wall Crawler Rock Club Wall Crawler Rock Club is an amazing rock-climbing facility that offers day or night passes for you and your friends to climb. Additionally, they offer memberships by month or punch cards if you decide you want to keep going back. This Rock Club will keep you busy with lots of climbing walls, training from skilled instructors, and more.
3. Walk around the city
If you don’t want to spend money but still want to see the city and get your steps in, then a park is a great idea.
- The Belt Line The Atlanta Belt Line is full of adventures like signing up for walking or biking tours, going to art events, stopping by bars and restaurants, doing fitness classes, going to all the different parks, and more. Or if you really want to get your steps in, then you can go walking/hiking on a variety of beautiful trails.
- Piedmont Park An amazing option is visiting and walking around Piedmont Park. There are so many fun things to do like signing up for a camp, taking a tour, riding your bike, or taking a fitness class. Also, they offer workshops where you can grow a garden, learn to fish, or paint in the park. So, whether you and your friends enjoy a picnic in the park or a more organized event, this is the place for you!
4. Throw an axe
If you’ve never tried axe throwing, then you’re definitely missing out. Axe throwing is quite literally throwing axes at a wooden board and trying to hit specific targets.
- Bury The Hatchet A popular place to visit in Atlanta, Bury The Hatchet is a super fun and energetic place to perfect your axe throwing skills. On their website, they state, “And as intense as it may look, axe throwing is relatively easy to learn. Most people who come in have never thrown before and by the end of their session, they’re hitting bullseyes.” So, whether you and your friends are pros or newbies, you’re bound to have a wonderful time.
- Throw Inc At Throw Inc., you won’t just be throwing axes, but you and your friends can throw knives, darts, cards, stars, and more. You will earn a nickname like Aprenti – if you’re new at it – or Captain – if you’re advanced. If you’d like, you can also get coached on how to throw by the highly educated staff members. Their motto is “Throw and Conquer,” so plan to do just that.
5. Try an escape room
Escape rooms are a great way to bond with your friends while solving fun puzzles. Here are some great ones in Atlanta you’ll want to check out:
- Big Escape Rooms Their escape rooms vary in difficulty from “beginner” to “very high” difficulty and on their website, they list the success rate percentage. Some of their rooms include escaping from an abandoned circus where a serial killer clown is hunting you, trying to break out from a post-apocalyptic room before virus-infected humans get to you, and a basketball room where you must escape before it’s game time. One game includes up to 12 people and 60 minutes of fun – although they can make games longer for you for certain events. So, do you think you can escape?
- The Escape Game This escape room facility is awesome because it offers shared escape room experiences. So, if you have a smaller group of people, then you will be teamed up with other groups to complete the game – and maybe make some cool new friends. Some of their rooms include an underwater laboratory where no one knows what really happened to the crew so you must investigate, a room where you’re stuck in a prison cell where the previous inmate disappeared and you must find out what happened, and a room where you are trying to perform an art heist before time runs out. Which room will you pick?
- Breakout This is an escape room where you’ll find rooms like a train full of passengers you have to rescue before bombs explode, an underwater room where you have a limited amount of oxygen and have to get out with the treasure, and an old, abandoned mansion you must escape from. Breakout is a popular spot where rooms frequently sell out tickets, so make sure to book quickly!