Your skin is the largest organ you have, so it’s only natural that you should take care of it to the best of your ability. The health of your skin could make you look ten years older or ten years younger, depending on how you treat it. Many people strive to have youthful looking skin and will pay top dollar for expensive serums and creams to try and diminish blemishes and wrinkles.
While using some of these can be beneficial, there are other ways to improve the health of your skin without breaking the bank. Listed below are some great natural remedies and tips to help you look and feel great.
1. Use natural products– There are plenty of reasons to opt in to using natural products, such as being better for the environment, animal cruelty free and typically being packed with nutrients. These are great benefits, but ultimately, they are better for your skin as they should be packed full of nutrients your skin needs. Usually, you should be able to recognize most if not all ingredients in the products, giving you a good idea of how natural it truly is. They should be void of chemicals that can cause swelling, redness or in severe cases, an allergic reaction.
2. Organic Sunscreen– Everyone loves spending the day in the warm sun. Even while enjoying a day in the beach, it is crucial to make sure you are taking precautions to protect yourself from harmful UV rays regularly throughout the day. Using natural sunscreen will not only keep your skin protected and radiant, but you’ll feel great knowing you aren’t using any toxic ingredients.
3. Gua Sha– If this is new to you, Gua Sha is a traditional Chinese method where a smooth-edged tool strokes your skin as it is being pressed against you. This technique is designed to relieve tension, boost blood circulation, and encourage lymphatic drainage to help get rid of bloating. For best results, it is recommended to be done two to three times a week. If you are using this technique on your face, you can use oils such as rosehip oil and argan oil to help moisturize your skin at the same time.
4. Consume food for skin health– One of the best ways to keep your skin looking great is to have a healthy diet. There are foods that are directly linked to help support a healthier immune system and promote radiant skin. Eating enough fruits and vegetables is something most people know is beneficial, but there are other categories of foods that can help improve your skin as well. Ensure you are eating enough vitamin C, healthy fats, omega-3 and lastly, drinking at least 8 cups of water a day. Not only will the nutrients in the food improve your skin health, but the water will help retain elasticity in your skin which in turn makes it look youthful.
5. Reduce alcohol use– While having a few glasses of wine with friends is tempting, overuse of alcohol can be detrimental to your health. Alcohol dehydrates the body, which can cause inflammation and swelling. Have you ever woken up after a night of drinking with a dry mouth and swollen hands? Drinking in excess can also cause your skin to dry out, wrinkle and crack with prolonged use! Try and limit your alcohol consumption to keep yourself feeling refreshed.
Everyone wants to look and feel great. Your skin is one of the first things people see, so you want to ensure you are doing what you can to look and feel like your best self. By following some of these tips, you will be sure to notice your skin radiating in no time.