Summary of key points: Herbs and spices have been used for centuries to flavor food and have medicinal properties. Traditional medicine also uses herbs and spices to treat various ailments and diseases. Research has shown that many herbs and spices have numerous...
Keto Pecan Pie
- Pie crust: 2 cups Almond flour
- ½ cup Coconut flour
- ¼ cup Powdered Erythritol
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 1 Egg
- Pinch of salt
- Filling: 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered monk fruit sweetener
- ½ cup butter/ghee
- 1 ¾ cups coconut cream/ full fat coconut milk
Mix together the almond flour, coconut flour and erythritol.
Then combine the flour mixture with the melted butter and egg. Mix until well combined. You can also use a food processor for making the crust.
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Press the dough into a 9 inch pan that is greased really good or lined with a parchment paper. Poke a few holes in the dough.
Pre-bake the crust for 8-10 minutes and then leave it to cool a little bit while you are making the filling.
- In a large saute pan, melt the butter over a medium heat until browns a little, then add the coconut milk/cream, sweetener. Let this mixture simmer until it is golden caramel color, bubbly and thick, 15-20 minutes. Stir frequently so it doesn’t burn and add the extract when you remove the saute pan from the heat.
- Allow the caramel to cool down so when you add the egg to it, it doesn’t cook.
- Place the chopped pecans in the prepared crust. Whisk in the egg gently in the caramel and place the caramel over the chopped pecans. Then evenly distribute the pecan halves on the pie.
- Cover the edges of the crust with aluminium foil to avoid burning. Bake the pie on 350 °F around 40 minutes. The center and crust should be golden brown and the filling should not jiggle
Get a free recipe book created by our nutritionists below!