This article has been fact checked by our health experts. Summary Probiotic and fermented foods are like the unsung heroes of your plate, working behind the scenes to bring a whole new level of vitality to your life. Think of them as your health allies – these foods...
Keto Pumpkin Pie
- You can try making the crust with coconut oil or ghee instead of butter.
- Instead of coconut milk you can also use heavy cream
- For the crust: 2 cups Almond flour
- ½ cup Coconut flour
- ¼ cup Powdered Erythritol
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 1 Egg
- Pinch of salt
- For the filling: 1 can ( 15 oz ) Pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs (preferably at room temperature)
- 1 ½ cups Powdered erythritol
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk/coconut cream
- ¼ cup almond/coconut milk
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
For the crust: Mix together the almond flour, coconut flour and erythritol.
Then combine the flour mixture with the melted butter and egg. Mix until well combined. You can also use a food processor for making the crust.
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Press the dough into a 9 inch non-stick pan that is greased really good or lined with a parchment paper. Poke a few holes in the dough.
Pre-bake the crust for 8-10 minutes and then leave it to cool a little bit while you are making the filling.
For the filling: Whisk the pumpkin, 3eggs and erythritol just until combined. Then add the cornstarch, salt, pumpkin pie spice, heavy cream and milk and whisk until everything is combined.
Pour the filling in the pre-baked crust. Bake the pie on 350 °F until the center is almost set, around 50-60 minutes. A small part of the center will be a little bit wobbly. After around 20 minutes of baking, cover the edges of the pie with aluminium foil to prevent the crust from burning.
Once done, allow the pie to cool completely for a few hours